An efficient Painter and Decorator are primarily a good planner and an expert evaluator. He calculates the volume of work, paint and materials, men and tools required to complete the task within a specific time given by the customer. Based on these parameters he also estimates the costs. When you ask for changes based on your budget and other constraints, he will be able to alter the parameters in such a manner that they don’t affect the expected output to a considerable extent. If such alterations are not possible he will be frank enough to tell you so. Once you approve the estimates he will be able to deliver the best of services for your money.
Painting Tasks Performed by Painter and Decorator
- Selection of the right grade of paint based on the nature of surface is the primary criterion for a painter and decorator. For this he considers the sheens, base for the paint (oil/water), resistance to rust and environmental elements, area of paint (bedroom living room, kitchen etc)
- Selecting the right kind primers, finishers and solvents is the next criterion for a good painter and decorator. They determine the quality of final finishing.
- Assembling the most modern and time saving tools and equipments is the third criterion for completing the task within the specified time.
Once the prerequisites are complete he will start by preparing the surfaces. This may require fixing of surface defects like cracks, removal of stains, elimination of seepages etc. After completing these tasks and preparing the surfaces he starts with the task of painting.
- Selection of the right color for different locations like bedrooms, drawing rooms, living room, kitchen, bathrooms and others is purely a matter of your choice. But if you wish to convert your house into a real living and loving home, you need to pay attention to certain scientific factors suggested by the painter and decorator. They help in balancing the serene environment in your home and bring in an element of sensuality into your bedroom.
- Painting of exteriors and ceilings is preferably done before taking up the task of painting the walls, windows and doors. This kind of flow makes the work hassle free and avoids spoiling of wall paints due to probable leaks of paints from ceilings. There will be some time gap between each painting. This is to allow the paint to dry properly.
- Painting on wooden and metal surfaces takes relatively more time and patience for surface preparation, painting and finishes. Sanding, filling and spot cleaning with primers are done before the actual painting. De-greasing and rust removal are considered to be the ideal pre painting processes for metal surfaces.
Decorating Tasks Performed by Painter and Decorator
Exterior surface designing is one of the primary tasks which are performed before the actual painting starts. This is done after the surface preparations. The painter and decorator may choose to do it after the painting task is complete also. Painting on furniture, windows and doors enhance the decorative appeals. A good painter and decorator can bring ultimate harmony into your home by the use of right permutation and combination of paints.