The LCD and button panel of Singer 9960 play a critical role in controlling the functionality of the machine related to utility sewing and embroidery designs. The machine is designed to handle multiple types of fabric from light weight silk to heavy weight leather. The machine gives you plenty of options to change the thread size, needle type and size according to required specifications. The construction of the machine with its main parts and accessories enables you to design embroidery and stitches for garments, utility fabrics, upholstery and others.
The digitized control panel of the machine consists of LCD display, pattern chart, buttons, thread controls, foot controller, needle controls and other functional parts.
- LCD display shows the complete information about stitching this will change according to the mode in which the machine is currently working. Stitch width, length, patterns and error messages are flashed on this screen.
- Function buttons from F1 to F5 are used for editing, reverse, elongation, stitch width and length and thread tension setting actions. The system uses inbuilt software for performing the editing operation. You can select the pattern; make the required changes to it and save it to be loaded into the memory at runtime.
- The reverse stitch button is located just above the startup button. This works in coordination with the adjusting screw which can be adjusted to control the speed. By just holding this button you can make the machine stitch in the reverse direction from a specific point. This can also be done with the help of foot control.
- The clear button is used for undoing the setting changes in stitch size, thread tension, elongation and other parameters. This is useful in returning to the last settings before the previous change was made. If you make any mistakes you can always correct them.
- By using this button you can extend the length of the original pattern by specific proportions. If the chart symbol is showing X2 on the display for a stitch, you can assume that elongation is possible for that specific stitch.
- The values of stitch width and length can be adjusted with the help of buttons in the control panel. Custom adjustments can be made for specific deign and pattern and saved.
- The pattern chart located within the interiors of the top cover can be used to set the various types of patterns for sewing and embroidery designs. This also contains many utility patterns which are useful while working with leather upholstery fabrics. Decorative stitches can be selected from the computer and fed into the machine with specific patterns.
- Function key F5 is used for changing the thread tension value. This is highly useful while working with different types of fabric like silk, cotton, nylon, polyester and even leather.
As a user you can get used to the working of the machine once you know the control panel. You can learn the functions of each key as you keep working with them within short time. The simplicity of the machine makes sewing and embroidery an enjoyable task.